Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Attention VBass owners....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassmonkeee, Mar 7, 2003.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I just got off the phone with Gary at Tuki Covers. I placed an order for a custom gig bag, with pocket for my VBass since I'm tired of the shipping date being pushed back for the hard case.

He said that they'll make it sometime next week, so I should have it in about 2 weeks. I'll post pics, and such, after it arrives.

I think I'll be happier with a gig bag than a hard case, anyway, since I'm the only one who will really be moving it.

2. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    good gnus!!!

keep us posted.

f

3. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    oh, did you ever try roland direct for the hardcase?

i thought they had it listed on their site.

f

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Actually, I didn't. But, lik i said, I think I'll be happier with a gig bag than a hard case. Plus, it's cheaper.

5. dennisv

dennisv

Jan 19, 2003
    Pomona, CA
    I've been toting my vbass around in a Carvin mixer bag. It's slightly bigger than the vbass, about 1 or 2 inches longer in length and width, but it's a decent bag. Made of canvas (I think), same type of material as a typical bass guitar gig bag. There's a velcro strap inside to hold it down the vbass, a carry handle and shoulder strap, and kind of a hard plastic shell at the base. Nice roomy front pocket too.

I picked it up at a Carvin store where I live for $29.99 plus CA sales tax. Its model number is CB1600, and it was designed to carry the C1644 mixer. You could probably order it online or call Carvin.

Dennis

6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Cool! How much appx. will the bag run you? I've thought about calling Levy's to see what thier best fit will be. I went around ALL day yesterday, looking for something sturdy for it. I found that it fits perfectly into a 22" carry-on suitcase. Plus that gives alot of room for other cables, cords, straps, etc. I found that a rifle case offers good protection, but is very long. I think that will be my main case for it, though, because I will have a standard pedal board for gigs before too long, too, so I'll just throw it in there with the VBass. Plus it has wheels at one end! :D