Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Attention Yamaha BB owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chasarms, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Any of you guys out there with Yamaha BB series basses purchased an aftermarket hardshell for the bass?

I know that they are a little wider than a lot of basses. Any one know of a particular HSC that they fit nicely into?

2. Mongo Slade

Mongo Slade Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Northern New Jersey
    My BB1200S seems to fit nicely in the SKB Freedom case it came in. Hope that helps.

Peace

3. Another question for BB owners, so I thought I could ask it here: on what location could one find the serial number on the old BB-series?

4. My BBs are in Hiscox cases here in the UK (apart from the 3000S which is in its original case), the cases are standard Pbass/jazz cases.

The serial number is usually stamped on the rear of the headstock under the country of manufacture, if you do a search on this site, somewhere there's a thread that links to a Yamaha site that will date your bass for you if you have the serial number. If I can find it, I'll put a link up to it.

5. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    His... what?