Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Attention: younger habitants of NYC / general non-scallies

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Toasted, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    hi guys... im coming to NYC for a family holiday between the 26th and 31th of december (from england)

basically, ive gotta get some shopping done.

1) Ive been looking on the websites of places like Hot Topic (looks pretty ace tbh) i was wondering where the best one to goto in NYC is...

2) if im gonna enjoy hot topic what other places am i gonna enjoy in NYC that i wouldnt have to travel too far to reach.

(in particular if anyone knows a shop that sells a decent selection of Famous Stars and Straps stuff)

2. Like you British, who don't like American's-it's vice-versa. Expect anyone who hears your British accent to treat you like an Arab. Peace.....HAHAHHAA J/K! Have a good time in the city that never sleeps.

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    i could really do with some help on this one

4. go to CGBG's!!!

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    i will be... but im only 18... so i can drink in britain but it will be illegal for me to got into CBGB's in New York at night, as far as i understand their law.

6. Correct, Toastedweed. It's 21 here in New York, and most places will proof you. (ask for ID)

Enjoy NYC when you get here. ;)

Mike

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
  8. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Toastedweed,
    Expect a PM from me in the next day or two.

9. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    thankyou...... very much

10. I know someone's gonna say check out Roger Sadowsky's shop...

11. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    bump ba bump