1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Attitude Wiring question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by pbass2go, Nov 17, 2006.

1. pbass2go

pbass2go

Dec 19, 2004
    Apple Valley, MN
    I asked this question in another posting about my Attitude Ltd I just found on the 'bay :hyper: , but I figured I would ask here also.

First off, does anyone have a wiring drawing for this bass? The toggle switch seems to have no effect on the EBO pick-up at all, which leads to my second question. Has anyone had a problem with the optput of the EBO pickup? The output level of the EBO in my bass is nowhere near that of the spilt-P. I might shim up the pickup to be closer to the strings, but I am hoping for a little input from other Attitude owners. :help:

Thanks
    Rick :bassist:

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

Heard of it but don't recall it but a wiring is wiring with few exceptions. There are no issues with EBO output, not Gibson pup anyway. And definitely not if it's mid position or neck. If it came off ebay someone may have jacked with it. You can probably just look in the control bay and determine that. First you need to know the bass is functioning properly therefore what the controls are doing.

take a small metal object (pickup screw, bridge allen wrench), turn the amp low, turn all pots off and tap on the pup mags switching controls one at a time. Obviously a volume control off will result in no sound from anthing that's a tone pot, a tone pot that's "off" will when the volumes on.

Also may help:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276127

3. pbass2go

pbass2go

Dec 19, 2004
    Apple Valley, MN
    :hyper:

Hey thanks much for the help, luknfur.

Actually, once I got the flatwounds off it and put some rounds on it, I could hear the diff with the switching. The bass seems to be wired properly still.

I imagine diff in the pick-ups will be even more aparent once I take it to rehearsal and set up the stereo rig I have been drooling about. :D

Cheers and thanks again