1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ATTN: All 5 string Musicman Owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by insomniac2295, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Would any of you care to do me a huuuuge favor? I'm thinking of buying an OLP Tony Levin Sig and swap out the pickup and preamp for a Bartolini pickup and preamp. The Bartolini preamps are preeetty large and I just want to make sure I'll have room for it before I spend money on the bass.

So here's the favor I'm asking- Could any of you 5 string musicman owners take the pickguard off your 5 string and take a picture of the insides for me??????? I know it's a lot to ask of but, for the sake of taking a mediocre bass and turning it into an awesome bass, please?

Thanks,
    Blake

ps, 5 string OLP musicman owners are welcome to submit their pictures too.

2. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

It won't do you any good, since the Musicman and OLP basses are totally different. They are not even made by the same company.

Musicman used to license OLP to make look-alike basses. But that license has expired.

3. Ok Mr. negativity.

I know they aren't made by the same company and stuff. but a general idea of the insides of either one cant hurt now can it? i just want to see what the cut away looks like. i used to have an olp 4 string but the set up is different as far as knobs and routing goes.

all i want is for someone to show me what lies beneath that fabulous musicman pick guard!!!!!