1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ATTN all Jerzy Drozd enthusiasts...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MaskedJackal, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Oh... my... days...

Jaw hits the floor.

It's an older model but good lord that thing is amazing, looks like a 36 fret fretless neck, totally insane. Would take quite some player to do that justice, hope it goes to a TBer, I want a review on that beast! I guess when on their site they say they can make any bass in a doubleneck they aren't fooling around. I'd seen pics of that bass before but assumed it would never end up for sale as pieces like that tend to stick with the origional owner. I am such a Drozd nut, they're my dream bass, when I have the money I want my very own custom, single neck though :D.

2. I don't know if it's exactly 36 frets, but yeah, that fretless neck is LONG! It sounds amazing, almost sitarish in the uppermost register.

Now if only it could lap-balance.

3. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    The price isn't really that bad.... right?

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Good Lord! That's a thing of beauty! I don't knw what it is about it, but I fall instantly in love with any Jerzy that has the Quo Vadis inlay.

5. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    jerzys rele r amazing stuff.

how do they sound? those pickups look amazing

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, that's an awesome price for that bass. i had the distinct pleasure of playing a jd mastery 7 for a while, and it was an amazing instrument. that doubleneck is going to make someone very happy.

7. Is it or was it from the bassplayer from the metal band Quo Vadis?
    If so, i can assure you it sounds reaaaally niice, equal or better than it loks.

8. I was totally wondering the same thing, BUT-

The bassist for their record was Steve Digiorgio, who already has his own doubleneck 5-string from ESP as well as an endorsement.

So in short, I don't think so, but yeah that bass likely sounds killer.

9. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    My back started to hurt just by looking at that picture.

That is one beatiful beast.

10. Scissor Man

Scissor Man

May 7, 2005
    I was in Bass Northwest last week and I tried it out...amazing. Its fretless neck has the most amazing tone I've ever heard in a fretless. The fretted neck sounded pretty different than my Drozd, probably because of the different pickups. I thought it balanced pretty well; it's the weight that killed me. I remember Evan saying it weighed something around 16.3 pounds!

11. DCOOPER

DCOOPER

Jul 21, 2005
    scotland
    Jerzy makes killer basses but i think i'll stick to my Signature 5 for now!!!

12. Truely a work of art, stunning bass.