Attn all RI TBers: Need a good electronics place

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Oct 15, 2003.

1. As some of you know, my Bass Whammy and Crybaby 105Q wah have been out of commision, and I need to repair them now ASAP. Since I am 14 years old, too young to work but too old to get an allowence, I am using the money from my Q tron to fund the repairs. I have an asking price of $50 from a place in North Kingstown, and that's per pedal. I don't want to pay that much if there is a better place. Please, I am really seaking help on this one.
  2. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Sorry I'd love to help, but I live in another state. So your on your own :p
  3. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    Open it up and check for obvious breaks. If it's a simple fix see if your school has an electronics lab that might let you use their space and soldering equipment.
  4. I think you're the only RI member should know that by now ;) I wonder how many Rhode Islands can fit in Texas ;) :D
  5. Many RI's can.

Sweet this is my 600th post. Lets see to catch up tp JT I need about 15,000 more ...
  6. Well, you could send it over to Graham at Main music. Or you could bring it to Noll's.

Noll's does good stuff, they are really good at repairs.
  7. Whats wrong with it? I may be in oz, but im an electronics tech. I could give you some insights so you dont get ripped off aka "oh its stuffed buddy, we're gonna have to charge you $75 to look at it, and you'll have to buy a new one anyway"...

Then what they do (i know coz ive done it hmmm) they take it into the workshop and fix it with a 20 cent part and keep it.