ATTN: ALL ska fans!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BigWig Will, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Is ska dead? Nah, just smelling funny.

But in the odorous interim until it gets some musical deoderant there are some awesome awesome hard to find releases that are being distributed by Asian Man Records.

Great albums like :
    Pilfers-s/t (You can't get this anywhere!!)
    Mephiskapheles, Horace Pinker, the Usuals, a whole buncha others. I highly reccommend you check it out.

click on the Non-Asian Man Distribution at the bottom of the main page.

P.S. Most (if not all) of Moon ska's stock is being sold here, I HIGHLY reccommend the Checkered Cabs, Mustard Plug and NY Citizens
  2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    ska still around?

the only ska album i own and enjoy is called "Ska Island" and has a compilation of old school ska...

the new ska + punk is just MEH! :/
  3. Ska will never die! Its like plutonium.
  4. Ska is definately dead, or at least it should be.
  5. dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    The Pilfers ruled!! I was sad when they broke up, I had seen them around 10 times in Detroit up to that point. They definately were losing some of their flare though, after Anna and the first drummer left it went downhill. Anna's a real estate broker now, Vinny's playing for LTJ, and Coolie has a solo career going. Not sure about the replacement guys, but I believe I heard the original drummer passed away:( I got their S/T at the first show I saw them at in '97 and its definately a keeper

6. Tell me about it. It took me forever to track one down...I wish I would've known that Asian Man Records still had some...and I also wish that I had some extra scratch to blow on Cd's right now...still reeling from ye olde Christmas shopidge.

Ska won't ever way, no how...but, you're right, it has been known to sport a bit o' the stink lately. I don't even get the benifit of being able to latch onto small acts, since I've been banished to the snowy waste that is Alaska. But, on the plus side, I do get to be attacked by moose...and other related moose activities. They had to make a law saying that you can't get moose drunk because it happened so many times. Good times.

7. I saw a Pilfers reunion show!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

It was the best show EVER!!! Them and SHJ ooooo!
  8. older ska is awesome. the only ska band i got HEAVY into was sublime.
    i'm not wild about the newer reel big fish-type stuff.
    to me, ska is a mix of reggae and punk. the newer stuff leans more toward the punk side. it just doesn't do much for me.
  9. don't worry, it'l be on its 4th wave soon enough :rolleyes: :D
  10. Floyd, if you like Sublime, I highly reccommend Common Rider. Its Jesse Michaels (of Op IV Fame) new band and they have a resemblance to Sublime, though heavier on the reggae and rappin'.
  11. cool, i'll see if ican't check out some of thier stuff.