1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Attn: Anyone familiar with Bag End Cabs:

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by richspillberg, Jun 6, 2011.

1. richspillberg

richspillberg

May 31, 2011
    Which 15 is this?

2zjanfd.

2. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
  3. richspillberg

richspillberg

May 31, 2011
    Is there another bag end that it could possibly be?

4. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    I think they did make one that size without the removable vent.

=wr=

5. richspillberg

richspillberg

May 31, 2011
    Need help indentifying this Eden cab that is missing it's cover. Is this the BD too?

5dmele.

6. That looks like a P.A. cab to me (notice the screw holes around the opening for a horn)

7. richspillberg

richspillberg

May 31, 2011
    Ahh interesting..it's being sold as a bass cab. How can I be sure? Any ideas?

8. raytsmith

raytsmith

Nov 21, 2007
    Central Ky
    The big BE 15's look like PA cabs that have had the horn removed to most people - when I drag my pair out, even experienced sound guys look twice and ask what I'm playing through.

I got mine at a discount because the music store manager thought they had been tampered with. Even after I told him they were bass cabinets and never had a horn to begin with, he still gave me the discount. Maybe he didn't believe me, but at least I was honest about it. They have the plate on the back clearly showing S15B-D as the model number, so there was no mistaking them.

As far as the 2nd cab you showed, the cutout doesn't look large enough to be made for a PA horn, and I've never heard of Eden making a PA cabinet anyway ? Is it the same size as the BE ?

The port on the BE cabinets were made for removable covers so you can choose open or closed ports, so that would account for screw holes.

If in doubt, look inside for a crossover, or evidence that it ever had a crossover mounted inside for a horn. The BE bass cabs just have a wire going straight from the speaker to the connectors.

9. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I tend to agree... Seems to me that one of my local Music Go Round stores once had a pair of Eden PA cabinets.

The form factor is all wrong for an old bass cabinet and it doesn't look like any Eden 1x15 bass cabinet I've ever seen.

You can ask here, I'm sure someone would have the full history... Eden Electronics Forum