Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ATTN: Bob Lee - RMX 850

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoelEoM, Aug 30, 2002.

1. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    bob, or anybody else who can help me....i just bought an rmx 850, and i cant get any output from it. im running into a hartke 2000 head, out the effects send, into the input of the amp via 1/4", then out channel 1 via speakon, into a bag end 210(4ohm) via speakon. i have the speakon wired +1 +2 at the amp, and +1 -1 at the cab. this is correct, right? i followed the manual, ive got all the jumpers set correctly as far as i can tell...the signal LEDs light up, and i can clip the amp if i play hard enough, so i would guess that a weak input signal is not my problem. ive also tried using a y cable to run a signal into the effects return. nothing. what else do i need to do to make it work?

2. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    well, anyone with advice can reply, really:)

3. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Well... I dunno if this sounds appealing to you but maybe you could sell the HA2000 and buy a separate preamp?

4. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    i am running it bridged mono, and i have it wired exactly asit says in the manual. i was looking at it again today, and i still cant figure out what it might be. ndjx, i would love to get another pre, but i dont know if i could deal with selling it, and then possibly waiting til i have the cash til i could get a pre. i could perhaps take it to GC, and see what i can even up for there. maybe. as far as that being my problem though, i dont think thats it, like i said before, the signal LEDs flash, so i know im getting enough signal. do i have the cab end of the cable wired right, as +1 and -1?

5. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    did it, still nothing, this is really rather frustrating, and i hate having to wait til tomorrow to get ahold of customer service. i tried calling on friday, and they say all their representatives are busy, please hold, and then it goes straight to a voicemail system. grr.

6. First, identify what parts ARE working.

1) Plug cable into cabinet
    2) Connect battery (D cell) across the amp-side terminals of the cable.

The speakers will move, or not move.

If no movement, replace the cable, or meter the cable with an ohm meter for continuity.

You can also meter the cable while plugged into the cabinet, and you will get a reading. Infinity (nothing) means you have an open somewhere in the cable or the cabinet.

Or, plug the cable and cab into a friend's amp and see if it works. That will also tell you if the amp or cable/cabinet is the problem area.

7. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    psycho bass guy, it was the cab. i pulled the cover plate off, and they were indeed wired +2,-2. so its working now, and im one very happy camper. im going to see if i can trade my head today for a preamp, to cut weight. thanks a lot guys!