1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Attn. Cab Gurus..4x5"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 4-stringB, Mar 24, 2013.

1. 4-stringB

4-stringB

Jun 10, 2010
    Tallahassee
    I'm looking to build a brite box similar to a Trace Elliot 4x5 4052h I have, but that rascal is heavy as all getout, so I'm looking for a lighter version. I want to use the Galaxy Audio S5N neo (PE 290-020). If I like it, I may build another, and use them as the upper end, along with my fEARful 15subs for a nice, light PA setup. I'd like a trapezoidal shape, and incorporate line array features, if applicable. Also any x-over info would be appreciated.

2. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Why have 4 5s? Fairly sure a single 6 or 6.5 will do the job, and have less placement issues, see Fearful headcase. There are probably some 5" options, but the fearful driver is a known thing.

3. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    If you haven't already listened to a Galaxy 5 neo, try it with some recorded music first to make sure you like the tone. I've had a few as vocal monitors and considered them barely acceptable in reproducing voices and a few instruments.