1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

attn:call of duty fans

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BassGirl1122, May 17, 2011.

1. Call of Duty MW 3 is due out Nov 8, 2011!!!!!!!

2. I told myself that I'm not gonna get it... but I know I will :bawl:.

3. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    3 days before Elder Scrolls Skyrim comes out??? I will never see daylight again... :bag:

4. Please don't tell me you're one of those guys :bag::D.

YouTube - Skyrim

5. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    I am:bassist:

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    They're not done rehashing that crap yet still... I can't wait for a dev team to come along and make something that's actually good to play. Portal (and Portal 2) is close, but a bit too short.

7. Gomeztool

Gomeztool Banned

Dec 10, 2010
    Cali
    *yawn*

Same game different wallpaper.

The COD/MW franchise needs to be reinvented.

8. LOL! I swear the hype around Skyrim will force me to find a copy and play it. Everyone I that I know that likes the games effing LOVES IT!

9. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Dude... the entire Elder Scrolls series RULES!

10. Gomeztool

Gomeztool Banned

Dec 10, 2010
    Cali
    I thought Oblivion sucked because the enemies leveled up with you. I did enjoy Morrowind.

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    That part of it is so-so at best, but otherwise it's a fine game, IMO. I still play it :p. Morrowind is the best though.

12. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I agree, and have seen good things about MW3 so far, but then again, I said that before Black Ops too.

Still, every studio on earth is trying to create a FPS that will take people away from COD, but no one can. It's the winning formula.

I would say that I will take a wait and see attitude, but I will pre order it anyway. At the very least, it will be good enough to play for a while, until I get bored of the maps if its just an OK game. I'll get a $10 credit from Amazon...and when I don't like it for a while, I'll sell it back for about $35 bucks...Net out of pocket cost, $15 bucks, no big deal.

That's what I did with BO. Demand for this game will be even higher, as BO sucks and MW2 didn't.

13. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    I don't like the fps genre, but a lot of my friends love it. They all complain that BO sucks... why? It looks a little cartoonish to me, but basically the same thing as far as gameplay, etc..

14. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Not really...the game has slowed down, graphics suck like you said, the guns all suck and are basically the same, the sound effects are TERRIBLE, the feedback in the controller is bad...it feels weird when you die, hit detection is awful...the map designs are monotone and the same, the connections in multi-player are awful (host has a HUGE advantage, because of the game's lag), you don't have to give up alot to use certain perks...like Ghost (makes you invisible to radar)...you don't have to give up anything significant to use it...so EVERYONE does...unbalanced, makes for boring gameplay...ETC

Want more? :hyper:

15. It's really all up to the individual but here are a few points that made it worse than MW2 for me:

Audio - the sound overall wasn't bad but the guns sounded really weak compared to MW2. Additionally footsteps were completely inaccurate. The players footsteps sounded like they were coming from somewhere else and other people footsteps were a terrible representation of where they were relative to you. Someone could be in a room maybe 20 feet from you and it would so like they're either much closer or much farther away. Also, listen to your character run, it's FAR from even steps. It sounds like he's skipping or shuffling or something.

Sniping - They made it suck, lol. Not just quickscoping, but everything.

The knife - It's pretty much broken. I've had to stop using it because I'd be right in somebody's face, try to knife them and get owned. On top of that, sometimes the game likes to bring Commando back in random instances, lol.

The guns - Plenty of them but all the assault rifle feel almost exactly the same to the point were I don't even care what I'm using I just picked that looked the coolest (the FAMAS).

Second chance - I shouldn't have to put more than 3 bullets into a guy that's already down to kill him. Also, while they're falling into Second Chance, you can hear the hits but they don't actually count which is confusing.

Killstreaks - Are kind of lame and a lot are kind of useless. 3 kills giving people an RC sounds a little easy to me. It took five for a similar streak in MW2.

Hit detection - Noticeably worse than MW2. That goes for me shooting people, and other people shooting me.

Wall "physics" - practically useless. You can't dependably shoot through them withor without that perk that claims to help you out. I've tried. FMJ actually made a difference in MW2.

I'm sure if I went and played a game I could point out more but I'll leave it there, lol. I won't say it sucked but it was a very clear step backwards for the COD series.

16. And here I thought I was just weird! You nailed basically all the same points as me!

17. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I forgot about the killstreaks! You got that part.

The only thing about MW2 is that once guys starting hitting a few kills, they go into camping mode, to nurse their streaks...most everyone I know runs 5-7-11 for the Ass Clapper 130. Hit 2 guys w/ your pred, get the harrier and then camp. 4 with Hardline. At least you had to give up stopping power to use it.

Now the kill streaks in BO just suck, no explanation for them.

BO, to me was all about making it "fair" this time around. Having a secondary shotgun is too much...blah blah, but call it what you want MW2 is always exciting to play, and fast paced. The more weapons I can carry, the better.

18. ROFL, I can't honestly say that I've never seen the AC130 called the "Ass Clapper 130" but it's hilariously descriptive :D! I agree 100% with you though on everything. I never minded campers that much for whatever reason but that sounds pretty much how some people played the game. I ran 3-7-9 because because somebody needed to call in the UAVs, right? I swear I was the only one once 5-7-11 caught on, lol :p. BO seems to have eliminated camping but is a more boring game overall thanks to all of it's other issues including the killstreaks just being lame. Especially the Attack Dogs... you'd figure 11 kills warrants something that doesn't totally blow. All you have to do is find a corner and have fun showing Michael Vick how it's done.

19. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy

Nov 24, 2010
    Central Alberta
    I'm more excited for Skyrim than I am for Call of Duty 3. I'll probably play the main story for CoD3, and then touch the online play a few times.

20. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    I know I'm going to get killed for this, but I hate playing online games. It just seems boring to me...