Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Attn: Chicago, IL area bassists!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by whacker, Mar 26, 2004.

1. I know you're out there. Well, I need some advice. I moved to Chicago in the early 90s and bought most of my gear from folks advertising in the Tradin' Times paper (unbelievable amounts of great stuff available then). Since the rise of the internet, the MI content of that publication has dwindled to almost meaningless levels. Other than Ebay, bassgear.com, etc., is there a central, Chicago oriented classifieds type site with oodles of gear that I'm just missing out on (not the Reader or Illinois Entertainer either)? I much prefer being able to get in the car and drive to a suburb and try out a piece before I buy. I also get the feeling there isn't really as much band activity as there once was, reflected in the lack of used gear availability.

Also, other than chicagogigs.com, what are the other better sites for musician classifieds (bass player wanted, available, etc.)? I've got my fingers crossed (between sets, of course) that a wealth of info and opinions will follow. Thanks for checkin' in!

2. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    Chicago Reader and Illinois Entertainer seem to be the best sources for musicians classified ads. both of them are online

3. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Yoo Hoo....here I am! :D Just give me a call if you ever want to schedule an appointment to stop by. Also, check out www.chicagogigs.com for band adverts. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if you'll find any other resources other than the one's you've already mentioned.