Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

attn: fans of melodic hardcore(BANE CONTENT)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, May 19, 2005.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    new bane cd is pretty effing good. i think you should all go out and buy it.

2. local boys done good! "Give Blood" is a classic.

3. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    This makes me wanna go check it out. I've heard good things but don't get paid for a little while. :(

4. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    GET THIS CD! Bane is one of the few hardcore bands still out there that actually know what hardcore is about. Not fighting invisible ninjas or wearing girl's jeans, but what is inside. You beliefs, your ideals. Aaron Bedard is one of the smartest people I know of.

If you like punk/hardcore in any way, get this CD!

I still think Holding This Moment is their best CD, but this comes close.

"There is nothing inside me that you do not have! And I am not a super hero!"

5. playmybass

playmybass

Mar 28, 2004
    Tucson, Az
    I wasnt a fan of give blood, but Ill give this one a try, just because its Bane.

6. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Its nothing like Give Blood. On GB they tried alot of weird riff's and experimented a bit more. This CD is more straight up hardcore.

7. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    I have it and it kicks buttloads of ass. I agree about the "real" hardcore comment. Although I do like and respect some of the girl pants-wearing metalcore/post hardcore bands, when it comes down to it, this is the real deal. 26(?) minutes of straightup hardcore nothing too fancy nothing fake...it's definitely worth teh 13 or 15 bucks.

8. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    i have just gotten into bane, and i am really liking them. i dunno, something distinctly 'manly' strikes me about the music, moreso than ANY other hardcore band.

my friend told me that bane was virtiually the "first" hardcore band, yet all the albums (of bane) i have found are pretty recent. Is hardcore a new genre, or am i just not looking hard enough?

oh yeah, another band kind of like bane that i like is comeback kid. anyone check them out?

slick

9. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Bane is good, hopefully going to go see them on thursday.

10. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Bane is far from being one of the first hardcore bands. Check out bands like Black Flag, Minor Threat, Bad Brains for early hardcore.

Also check out Stretch Armstrong

11. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Oh man, I love Bane! I didnt know they had a new cd out, thanks for the heads up!

12. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Old Skool, what Zinn book is that quote from?

Also if there are any other hardcore fans check out That Was Then. http://www.thatwasthen.cjb.net. They're bassist, xjasonsmithx is a member here.