Attn. Fodera Owners - Neck Info

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by marc40a, Apr 7, 2003.

1. marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    I'm wondering what the fingerboard radius is like on Foderas. Are they flat like a Modulus or Smith or rounder like an American MTD or Lakland? Specific spec's would be even better.

So what model do you have and what's the fingerboard like?
  2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    First, I've always found Lakland necks to be pretty flat, probably about the same as Smiths, though I don't have exact specs, and MTDs not that much "rounder"--certainly not rounded like Fender 5 necks.
    Second, I'm sure that Fodera will do whatever radius you want. The few I've played have seemed relatively flat, but it probably varies from instrument to instrument, depending on who it was built for.

3. vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    I have an emperor 5 which is much more rounded than my MTD, which in turn is much more rounded than my extremely flat fb'd Elrick NJS...
  4. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    That's odd, my Imperial 6 is pretty darn flat. It's flat enough that even a guy with short fingers can deal with the B string and not mess with the littler strings.;)
  5. Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    I own a Quantum 5,and I don't find it so flat.
    Smith necks are ultra- flat!
    Fodera (I've ordered an Imperial5)necks are quite fat,but the profile is still flat(but not as a Smith).Fodera fingerboards are very flat.
  6. vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Wow, that's almost concave!