ATTN: Ibanez or Warwick owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eyescream, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I promise this isn't some sort of rallying cry for fans of the manufacturers or something retarded like that.

I'm presenting a proposal tomorrow for my 2100 level Graphic Design class (that's my major, if anybody's curious) for an advertising campaign that includes the design and creation of ads in various different media (all print or on-screen, though; no commecials or anything like that).

Enough backstory, now for the meat of the issue: I'm creating this post as a way of asking all respondents to email me (or provide a URL or FTP address that I could get the pictures from) pictures of them playing their Ibanez or Warwick basses (any models, it doesn't matter) in a gig setting. I would love to get pictures from people that play all sorts of different genres. I'll be in contact with respondents by email to get more information as I need it (but it still won't take more than five or so minutes of your time all told, I promise). The larger the image, the better, so if you've got something the size of a poster, I would absolutely love for you to go ahead and send it.

I don't have any sort of contracts available, but here's something that might make you more comfortable in my best legalese:

By providing me with the afformentioned images, respondents grant me permission to use their likenesses and the images sent only for the project which has been assigned to me in class. Respondent images and likenesses will not, in any way, shape or form, be used in any advertising campaign or program by either myself or the manufacturers I've named above without further permission (and probably some money too, but that's neither here nor there).

For all the people that are about to post and say that I'm lame for asking people to help me with my homework, I'd like to point out that I've already got several images that I'm planning on using. My reason for posting this is to broaden the depth and field of this project so I can blow everybody else in my graduating class out of the water (hey, it's a competitive market). Some students would just look through google results and steal what they need. At least I have the courtesy to ask you guys (and girls, of course) first.

Anyway, my email address for submissions is or

If you don't mind, please include with your attached image your name, the particulars of the instrument you're playing in the picture, and the name of your band (if applicable).

Before the project gets printed and put in my portfolio, respondents whose images and likenesses I use will receive in their email a .pdf file of the advertisement they're featured in for their approval and as a sort of souvenir to commemorate your helping a poor, pitiful college kid out.

I'm sorry this post got so long, but thanks for reading and for everybody that's helping a newbie out I really, really appreciate it.
  2. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    I sent some pics. :)
  3. Sent. Good luck with your project.

4. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

about his new vintage Ibanez...

Love that guy ...
  5. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Slava, khayos, thanks for sending the pics. If I decide to go that route with the project (I submitted my proposal to my instructor today, and we're working out specifics), I'll be in touch with everybody.

Thanks for the heads up, Thor.

You guys rock.
  6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I'll move this to basses.
  7. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    go to my old band's website. , I'm sure you'll find some pictures of me there with my warwicks. You're welcome to use anything you like. Just send me a finished copy when you're done. I'd love to see how it turns out. Best of luck on your project.