Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ATTN: KSD 4 String Owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Modern Growl, Jul 1, 2005.

1. You wouldn't happend to have the exact dimensions of the Neck and Bridge pickup covers would you?
    (inches please)

If you could forward them to me that would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!

I would need of course the Length, Width, and Length between the center holes on the dogears.

I'm planning on putting on some Lindy Fralin's from Mike Lull and need to know if they would be a direct replacement. (An easy drop in)

2. bump

3. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    4-string sizes of KSD J pups

L= 3.725"
    W= .750"
    Tabs= 1.562" centers

Same on both PUs.

No PMs please. This is all we have to give you.

4. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I'm sorry... I misunserstood your pm. I thought you meant the ashtrays that fender used to put on their basses...

5. ya see, thats weird, I just got off the phone w/ the guy at basscentral.com and while he was on the phone with me, he took out a ruler, and said the neck was SLIGHTLY shorter then bridge.

i dotn know who to believe

You have ken smith who says one thing (one who doesn't really get involved with the KSD)
    see other treads

then you have a guy on the phone w/ a ruler?

hmmmm??

can anyone confirm this? (MY bass is in transit, on its way to me and thats why i can't measure myself)

6. I'd just wait until you have the bass in your hands so you can measure yourself and then order the pickups. that way you know for sure.

7. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    You want exact measurements and you think a ruler doest that?.. No, you need a dial Caliper or Digital... Rulers are for carpenters were 1/4" off is ok from 100 yards away.. Don't ask me and then question my ability. Call your dealer or Brooklyngear. You used up all your free time...

8. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Rock on Ken.