1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ATTN:Magnum III Owners! Question.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Against Will, Mar 14, 2008.

1. I've recently acquired a Magnum III and I'm super-psyched over it. But I'm having a little trouble figuring out the control scheme and I want to know if there's something wrong with the wiring.

Here's the issue: When both pickups are selected, only the bridge pickup controls affect the sound. I can't change the tone or the volume at all with the neck pickup controls. But both pickups and their respecitive controls work fine on their own, and there is a difference in tone between when both pickups are selected and when just the bridge one is.

Is this normal? Are the bridge pickup controls supposed to be the "master" controls when both pickups are selected or should I get it looked at?

Thanks,

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Hmmm.... my old Magnum I did not have that "feature", and the wiring in the III is supposed to be the same as the I. So I'd say have it looked at.