Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ATTN. MODULUS OWNERS

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by gruuv247, Oct 19, 2002.

1. gruuv247

gruuv247 Guest

Sep 18, 2002
    Burlington, NC
    :) Have just recieved my new Q5 in the mail last week and have preceeded to set it up. I like my action around 3/32 on the E and 2/32 on the G.
    (I like that tight bouncy feel, good feel with lots of control) in order to accomplish that feel I need a super straight neck. This is my first graphite neck and in adjusting the truss it feels super stiff to turn. Is this normal:confused: And is the prolonged tension of that rod going to effect the basses performance in the future. Please reply and tell me some setup stories of your own Modulus Basses.:D

2. camoe

camoe

Sep 7, 2001
    Lafayette, CO
    At the risk of riling up all the anti-truss rod folks, let me tell you what I did. Your new Q5 has a neck adjustment feature, but it is not a typical truss rod. It has 3 settings: straight, factory relief, and a bit more relief. It may feel tight but if memory serves, a small turn CW will bring the neck straight and visa versa, CCW will bring more relief. I also adjusted the neck straight and I love it.

Peace

3. camoe

camoe

Sep 7, 2001
    Lafayette, CO
    One more thing. You should have gotten a small manual explaining the adjustments. If not, go to the Modulus web site and download it. They offer a good explanation of all adjustments. Also do a search here for "modulus truss rod" and spend the next couple of hours reading through it..;-)

Peace