ATTN. MODULUS OWNERS

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by gruuv247, Oct 19, 2002.

1. gruuv247

gruuv247 Guest

Sep 18, 2002
    Burlington, NC
    :) Have just recieved my new Q5 in the mail last week and have preceeded to set it up. I like my action around 3/32 on the E and 2/32 on the G.
    (I like that tight bouncy feel, good feel with lots of control) in order to accomplish that feel I need a super straight neck. This is my first graphite neck and in adjusting the truss it feels super stiff to turn. Is this normal:confused: And is the prolonged tension of that rod going to effect the basses performance in the future. Please reply and tell me some setup stories of your own Modulus Basses.:D

2. camoe

camoe

Sep 7, 2001
    Lafayette, CO
    At the risk of riling up all the anti-truss rod folks, let me tell you what I did. Your new Q5 has a neck adjustment feature, but it is not a typical truss rod. It has 3 settings: straight, factory relief, and a bit more relief. It may feel tight but if memory serves, a small turn CW will bring the neck straight and visa versa, CCW will bring more relief. I also adjusted the neck straight and I love it.

Peace

3. camoe

camoe

Sep 7, 2001
    Lafayette, CO
    One more thing. You should have gotten a small manual explaining the adjustments. If not, go to the Modulus web site and download it. They offer a good explanation of all adjustments. Also do a search here for "modulus truss rod" and spend the next couple of hours reading through it..;-)

Peace