Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

attn:Roscoe Owners! I have another question!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by improvpwnd, Mar 4, 2006.

1. I was wondering how thick the neck is on a Roscoe--specifically the skb3006. I have an Ibanez SR885 :meh: (so this would be my thin reference) and a MM stringray :smug: (my thick reference) ..Im guessing its gonna fall a little thicker than the sr885?:bassist: Thanks in advance.

2. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    Well since I own both an SR885 and a SKB3006 (no shame with the Ibanez man), I can say that the neck on the Roscoe is much more similar to the SR885, just as thin but with a less pronounced volute. The Roscoe necks are very comfortable and very fast. I tried to snap an A/B pic of the side profiles but with a black bass it's hard to tell. If I can get a clear pic I will post.

Shawn

3. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

I know someone who's getting ready to sell a SKB-3006 as soon as he takes some more pictures...

4. Shiveringbass

Shiveringbass

Aug 21, 2005
    France
    Hey Bassman,

Freted or fretless ?
    ;)

Sheers

5. I've got a 3006 and a 3007 - both necks are VERY comfortable, especially the 3006. I think it falls directly between the 2 basses you mention; it's definitely not as thick/round as an MM, but more substantial than the Ibanez. To me, the feel of a Roscoe is *just right*.
    [​IMG]

6. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

It's a fretted SKB-3006 with swamp ash body, spaulted purpleheart fret board, Box Elder Burl top and Demeter preamp. This picture doesn't have the Demeter preamp. I had it instaled by Keith after this picture was taken. The color is a little off too in this picture. It's more of a creamier color than the washed out color here.

Attached Files:

7. man, id love to hear a price when you decide one.

8. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    I've owned several 3006's and have a SR5 but unfortunetly I never measured the thickness of the 3006 neck. I can say that it's easily the most comfortable playing 6 that I've played. I would suspect that the thickness varies as you get up the neck though. You might e-mail Roscoe and ask Gard or Keith to take some measurements at various frets on the neck. I'd be glad to take some measurements of the SR5 neck if that would help (I've got a pair of calibers). Also, I took some dimensions of a 3005 neck for Basso Gruvitas a year or so ago. I can't find the e-mail but maybe he still has a copy. You may be surprised by the thickness of the 3006. It's obviously wider than the 3005 but the thickness may actually be less.