1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Attn:Stambaugh owners! Project For Chris!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by King V, Sep 5, 2008.

1. King V

King V

Dec 13, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Hey guys. I know we are all in love with our Stammy's, just looking at the Stammy threads removes any doubt about that.

So I had what I thought was kind of a neat idea. I'm wanting to put together a photo album of sorts with pictures of everyone with their beloved bass. It can be an action shot (prefered) or just a pose shot but I want to see the bass AND it's owner together. Also if you feel so inclined to include your name and date you recieved your completed project. I thought this would be a nice way to show our appreciation and to let Chris know how many musical lives he has touched with his instruments.

Go ahead and post the pics in this thread (just one pic per bass please). I will save them and load them all into a photobucket account for everyone to see. When we get them all I'll zip them into one large file and email them to Chris, or if I have the $ I'll print them out and put them in an actual album and mail it to him.

Anyhoo, if this is a stupid idea let me know. I'd like to get this done in the next 2 weeks so I will close out this thread in 14 days from now, that should be plenty of time for everyone to post that wants to.

Well, here we go....I'll start out the pics....

Mike Vallis
    Walnut 9 string
    Nov 2006
    9stringbw.

2. Ben Lesser
    Maple 6 string
    March 2008
    2831508382_2746b8ba37_b.

3. blowinblue

blowinblue Blue in name only. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    At a Los Angeles Fire Department event on 5/31/08. Cheers. :)

ImportedPhotos00109.
    delivered 9/13/04...afzelia burl top, spanish cedar body, maple/purpleheart neck, ebony sapwood board, 7.8 lbs

ImportedPhotos00166.
    delivered 4/26/05...mahogany body, maple neck, birds-eye maple board, 8.8 lbs

M. M. :hyper:

4. King V

King V

Dec 13, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Great guys! Lets keep this moving! Thanks!

5. King V

King V

Dec 13, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Is this it? I know there's alot more stammy owners out there. Let's bump this to the top to see if that helps.

6. jordanm

jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Jordan Mullen
    Flying V
    April 08'
    DSC03611.
    Cool idea!

7. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Ben, that has always been my favorite. What a great looking bass!

I've had a few of Chris' basses in the past (and now have one made by someone who learned from Chris). Chris really does superb work and I'm so glad to see so many people on here hip to his work.

Edit: Ben, what are the specs on your bass...woods, string spacing?

8. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Subscribed so I can remeber to dig up shots of me and my SC5.

dcr

9. Thanks! :)

Yeah, Chris really does do amazing work. Sometime in the next couple of years, I'd like to order a fretless from him, but it's just not in the cards right now.

Specs:

6 string, bolt-on, standard body shape, 24 fanned frets (35"-32"), 16mm string spacing
    Swamp ash body, flamed maple top, matching flamed maple headstock
    5 piece maple/purpleheart neck (m/p/m/p/m)
    macassar ebony fretboard
    2 Aero humbuckers, macassar ebony pickup covers, Bartolini NTMB 5.4 A/P preamp
    Hipshot tuners and bridge saddles
    Black hardware
    Satin oil finish

Fantastic bass. Haven't really been able to enjoy playing any others since I got it. :)

10. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Whats that P-Bass?

11. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Sounds great. I love the narrow spacing. My next bass is going to be 16.5mm. If you get a chance, would you mind measuring the width of the nut on your bass? That's the only measurement that I haven't pinned down on my next bass and yours looks very comfortable.

12. As far as I know, the nut width is 2.125". That's what Chris and I decided on, so I'm going to assume that's how he made it. It's certainly very comfortable, though.

13. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks Ben. Hmmmm...that's wider than I thought it would be. My two sixes are both 2 1/8", 1/8" less than yours. I'm thinking of doing 2" even on my next one. Modulus uses 2" at the nut on their sixes. I like the tighter feel.

Sorry for the derail! Carry on the with the beautiful photos!

14. blowinblue

blowinblue Blue in name only. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    It's a one of a kind built to my specs (with input from Chris). Not a parts bass...built from scratch. :cool:

One piece mahogany body
    Three piece hard rock maple neck with two graphite rods
    21 frets on birds-eye maple board with matching headstock overlay
    Hipshot hardware
    Dunlop strap-loks
    Nordstrand pickups
    Angled headstock
    Smooth neck heel with no plate
    Easy truss-rod access
    Upgraded volume & tone pots
    8.8 lbs

It plays and balances like a dream. Has tone to die for. Sounds like a P. It's a keeper. Thanks Chris. :)
    Pics of rear can be found on my myspace account and photobucket album.

M. M.

15. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I love a good P and that one caught ny eye. I swear my heart skipped a beat.

16. mark beem

mark beem Wait, how does this song start again?? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Mark Beem
    Ash/Wenge/Burl maple 8 string
    [​IMG]

17. King V

King V

Dec 13, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks everyone so far! I have loaded the pics into a photobucket. As soon as we get some more I will post the ID and pass here so everyone can take a peek.

18. jordanm

jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Bump

19. Filip St.

Filip St.

Sep 12, 2006
    Serbia
    The standard body shape looks much cooler on live shots then on its own... Your picture made me re-think about a body shape of my future Stammie (hopefully in about a year I'll save enough money to afford it). Mine will probably have very similar specs to yours, except for fanned frets, and I'll probably order it in red or light blue finish... I just love the way flame maple top looks in translucent light red or light blue finish :hyper:

20. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    Chad Johnson
    Walnut & Spanish Cedar, neck thru
    finished in Feb. 2005

chocogig2.