Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Attn: SWR fans, my time to show off!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Thanks to SWR! I got my grille today for the Henry, and thought I would take a family photo. Not yet arrived is the 1000w power amp to run the Henry. I know what the biggest complaint is going to be, TOO HEAVY, or TOO MUCH TO CARRY! I really don't mind....my job dictates I keep a van, and I lift heavier items on a daily basis. I personally think it is worth the 300#+ it all weighs, sounds HUGE! Let me know what you all think!!!!

2. :eek:...hold on...:eek: ...i have to recover...:eek:

Ok i am VERY jelous.

3. Now i'll have to change my Signature... :(

4. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA

I feel the same way.

5. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    SO? THINK UR ALL BAD NOW? HUH? MR BIG HENRY AMP? well, that rig beats the pooh right outta anything i will own any time soon.................

that is awsome

6. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Dammmmm right!

7. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    wow, damn, crap, woah, kool.....

Thats to much swr to chew for me:(
    You'd need a crane to stack those things, and steel support grids to keep it up:D

8. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Now i'll have to change my Signature...

What exactly are you trying to say? lol I'm no Mark Hoppus (kidding), but I wouldn't dare have something like this if I wasn't comfortable with the competency of my playing. The cab on the left is a Goliath Sr., with his "not quite twin" brother Henry to the right. I used the Henry cabinet mic'ed up to record our current cd, along with a sm-400s (I didn't own the 750 at the time) head, loaned to me by a good friend, and also a fellow TB'er, and my bone stock Stingray 5. If anyone cares to hear an .mp3 of us, drop me an email at Racer48m@aol.com. My drummer owns a pro studio (pro tools RULES), where the cd was recorded, and where the family pic was taken.....also our practice space :) Thanks all for the comments, I am pretty happy with it myself.

9. bplayerofdoom

bplayerofdoom

Aug 6, 2002
    R.S.M.
    o ya i plan on getting a half stack workingman series. wait a second. im jealous too.

10. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    I love cabs with 8's, very nice rig.

11. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    wow. since my senior is capable of rendering everyone in a 100ft radius deaf, i'd be scared of runnign it WITH a henry.

i'm sure it sounds BADASS. :eek:

12. Congrats ANBassist!

I can probably compete with you pretty well...

I have a SM-900 with a Goliath III and a BigBen. However, the fan just stopped working in my SM, so I'm going to have to have that looked at.

I do have GAS to try the new 412 cabs though!

~Ad

13. Isn't this bordering on "Arena Rock" amplification?:)

I'm sure it's loud. Would love to hear an mp3, since I also have a Stingray 5 and SWR cabs. send it my way! gjselva@hotmail.com

14. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Oh dear lord, that is BEAUTIFUL!! I hope to add a Henry soon.
    WOW! That's really about all I can say. Beautiful!

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  16. was hangin at this music store where a friend works, no one was there, so we hooked up this new 250 head to a 4x12 and a 2x12 cabs.

gain set at 1, master set at 4, and it 'bout liked to rip our heads off, didn't have the guts to turn it up more because our ears were actually distorting. (OK we're both old, lol)

Sounded killer, but the question is, do you really need to be that FREAKIN LOUD? In a club?

just my opinion.

17. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Thanks for all the compliments guys, it makes ya feel good to know that other can appreaicte fine jewelry, or......eh, nevermind. Ad Nauseam, sounds like you got quite a kickin rig yourself! I havent got to run all at once yet (too few of ohms, waiting on power amp), but honestly I have a hard time keeping up with the senior, and 750. We are a heavy rock band, and do a lot of tunings, highest being drop d, lowest being dropped A. I swear we have the loudest drummer ever, and both guitar players have Marshall TSL100 heads, I swear the loudest guitar head made. I have to be within 4-5 feet from the cab to be heard, without pushing the amp so hard it clips badly. What probably makes matters worse, we practice in a 12'x12' room. I think it's just so small we are all overkilling each other. I'm not going to take both cabs unless we get into some bigger venues, which we are all hoping for soon. Thanks again all for the compliments!

18. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    you have trouble being heard with a senior and a bass 750?!?!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

19. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    yup, believe it or not.