Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DarkMazda, Feb 18, 2003.

1. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    I am VERY pissed off at the moment. The Zon that Matt Springer shipped to me a week ago (Feb 11) was supposed to come here on the 14th. No one was home at this attempt so they posted a ticket that said that the first attempt wasn't made since no home was home..

That was fine.. I was left home on a LONG weekend.

Monday (17th), I heard from Peter McFerrin that UPS and FedEx were still doing delivery since on the website tracking, it said that the Rescheduled Delivery was 17th, I thought they were going to come but they didn't. I can't really blame them on this one since the Blizzard just past us and the snow was piled up 2ft.

Today (18th), this is were the horror peaked and my anger just rose. Website Tracking says it will be delivered on the 18th so I wait. I take a look outside of my window and I see the UPS truck stopped in front of our house. I was in joy!! Finally the Zon came! Guess what happened.. I see the truck go away from our house. I was like "???" Maybe they were going to deliver mine later since its a bass and its big.. I can kind of understand that. Went to my PC to check the tracking.. Guess what it said.

Reschedule Delivery: February 19th, 2003

When I saw this. I was pissed.. They DID NOT post any ticket on the door that the 2nd attempt couldn't be made or anything! I didn't see the driver come out of his damn truck in the first place! Everyone in our family was here in our house where we can hear the doorbell..

I called up UPS and complained to told them the whole story and they told me that the warehouse near mine will give me a call to pick up the package tonight. HOPEFULLY they will give me a call.

I am one PISSED OFF man at the moment. What I want to tell the Talkbassers here is. NEVER USE UPS!!!

USE FEDEX GROUND! FedEx costs cheaper, don't have shipping restrictions!

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

PS: Why does all of these bad things happen to ME!?!?!?! :(
  2. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    my roomates a dj and he orders stuff online alot. it always ends up being ups and they leave the stuff at the door (apartment complex), well it gets stolen just about everytime. so we put a note on the door to deliver to the office, but they take the note down and leave the package at the door.

i hate ups too.
  3. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    a Clerk from the UPS Warehouse of Saddlebrook NJ just called me on my cell phone to tell me that the package is at the warehouse so I can pick it up anytime after 7

w00t.. I better not be paying the COD Charge of $14 that im supposed to be paying with the COD Amount

4. basspro2

basspro2 I'm seeing Gorillas...

Apr 6, 2002
    Northbridge, Mass
    Hey Dark,
    I'm going thru the same thing right now my delivery is being held because of the storm but the funny thing is I'm waiting for a new Zon Sonus 4/2 ..............weird
  5. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    I was waiting for a Zon Legacy Elite IV

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
  6. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It seems to me that UPS isn't the problem, it's those damned Zons! :D :bag:
  7. It happens with FedEx too. I've received hundreds of pieces of gear and it just happens sometimes.
  8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    hmm...I just got a pennywhistle through was fast and arrived on time, all in one piece...the packing was a little bit dumb(I understand they need to give a cushion for the instrument, but the box was like a foot and a half long, half a foot wide and like 3/4ths a foot thick. for an instrument that is little over an inch in diameter and a foot in length
  9. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc, what does this say about the zon that i'm supposed to be getting from darkmazda tomorrow? should we start a pool? are all of the zons hanging out with each other?
  10. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    For what it's worth, I've had more problems with FedEx than I have with UPS. It just takes one moron in a uniform, unfortunately.
  11. complain a lot and get the delivery guy in trouble.
  12. My experience has been the same.
  13. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Oh, no. This is where I gotta come in.

With the exception of the delivery of the Pedulla, which I was there to receive the first time they arrived with it, FedEx was a real nightmare.

When they sent me my minidisc player, I called them to schedule a pick up after I missed the first delivery and the person on the phone told me they were going to come by a second time. I had never used FedEx before, so I believed them. Never saw anyone. Missed the second day, waited at home the entire third day. Nothing. The thing showed up on my porch on the 4th day, no signature, nothing.

Then they delivered my Treker bass. I missed the first day but was there the second day. The guy who delivered it was wearing regular clothes, driving a nondescript white van and holding a clipboard in one hand and my bass in the other by the handle with no box! Just a Fedex tag on the handle! The case could have been opened, the bass removed and I'd have had an empty case delivered to me.:meh: I still have the label on the case. check the pic.

FedEx shouldn't have accepted the bass like this and I'm pretty sure UPS would never allow anyone to ship an instrument like this.

My Pedulla was delivered in a timely manner and boxed properly, thank God. Still, my success rate with UPS is proportionately much greater. To me, FedEx is nothing but headache.
  14. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    USPS. The only one I've never had a problem with. Then again, the one I've had things shipped with the least.
  15. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Blackbird, I had a ken smith 6, and a g****r come to me the same way, both fedex. USPS delivered my stingray 5 in oly it's case. All of them showed up in good condition however. UPS is the one that always manages to bust my stuff up, including my current modulus. I also had a UPS carrier read the label wrong, and drop off a bass I had just paid $1000 for, to the wrong address. After a couple hours on the phone trying to find out what happened with it, I went for a drive. Found it sitting in a puddle of water, about 12 houses down. NOT happy.
  16. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I guess the moral of the story is never ship anything, or have anything shipped. :meh: