Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ATTN: Webmasters & HTML Gurus

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jonasp, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Hi TB. Im in the process of making a website for my band and I am trying to find a hex code for something along the lines of a "blaze" or neon/bright orange, but to no avail. I am trying to get the color into photoshop. any help would be greatly appreciated. :help:

thanks, Pete

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    FF9900 ?
    FFCC00 ?
    FFCC33 ?

3. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    Just slide around the color palette in Photoshop until you get what you want. Photoshop gives you the hex value at the lower right. Just add a # to the beginning of it for HTML.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  5. yeah, see, I did that but i couldnt get what im looking for. James has the closest thing so far. but like you said, it is too dark than what im looking for. maybe its non-existant in the world hex codes.

6. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    Well, remember that a "neon" color can only be suggested on a screen by contrasting colors. You may have the perfect hex color and not know it, because the other colors on your screen interefere with it.

7. hmm...very good point. i never thought of it like that. so am i right in assuming that if i can't see it, most others won't see it either? but in my book, i can't use it if I dont have it. anyway, I think i've given up on the blaze orange. thanks for all the help guys.