1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Attract Users' Attention to FAQ'S

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by ddnidd1, Mar 28, 2006.

1. The FAQ's obviously provide a wealth of valuable information about commonly asked questions. However, when a page is opened, the eye is immediately attracted to the BOLD thread titles rather than the subdued titles of the Faq's. This pretty much thoroughly defeats the purpose of the FAQ's.

Perhaps putting the FAQ's in BOLD and changing the color to, for instance, Red will attract the necessary attention, particularly of new users.

It may be due to the fact that I check the Electric Bass related forums daily and of course topics do repeat, but it seems as if there has been a marked increase in beginners' questions on the most basic topics. Those topics being the very ones covered in the FAQ's and the reason for creation of the Faq's.

I’m in no way slamming beginners or their questions, since we’ve all been there and have asked the same questions. However, it seems to me that due to the increasing popularity of TB the Electric Bass related forums are morphing into ‘kiddy’ forums due to the dilution of substantive information by posts that are already answered in the FAQ’s. It would be a real shame if TB were to turn into just another inconsequential Electric Bass site.