Auday- Giormenti (Luthiers in Argentina)

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by ejuzek, Aug 24, 2004.

1. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    i'm saving money for one, my first bass, i have never played one.... but they're on my price, they're luthier made, and better than cheap chinese double basses like cremona, a bass that you can find here everywhere...
  2. Blakewdm

Jun 17, 2008
    Hey dude, I am looking to sell a viennese auday giormenti.
    I could sell it for 2,500 plus shipping. I won it in the Asta competition and now have one too many basses. Email if interested!
  3. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I know them very well, as I helped arrange for the two basses (Blake's and the previous ASTA winner). The basses are well made, if a bit heavy. In the lower models the finish is simple at best, but the work is done by hand and with integrity. You can contact Adrian Giormenti directly at the website. Blake's asking price is certainly fair for the instrument he got. I think the basses compare more than favorably with anything from China or Eastern Europe in the price range. Because they are not machine produced, they take time with each bass. Mine is now over four years old and a) has held up very well and b) gets richer sounding each year. Pics etc below