SOLD Audere Classic Module Preamp w/ Mid Frequency Switch

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by JohnJenkins, May 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. JohnJenkins

JohnJenkins

Nov 4, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Price:
    Was bought new from Audere and used for less than an hour by previous owner. It's practically new.

Configuration is: Volume/Balance/Mid/Treble/Bass/Mid Frequency Switch (750, 500, 250 Hz)

$100 shipped, conus. Can throw in a set of like-new cosmic black knobs for an additional $10 only with the preamp purchase.

20200509_200229_HDR.jpg 20200509_200238_HDR.jpg 20200509_200328_HDR.jpg 20200509_200348_HDR.jpg 20200509_200339.jpg

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    jtlee, NigelD, KaiHern and 1 other person like this.
  2. etherealme

etherealme Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Louisiana
    PM

3. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Not looking to purchase, but I just wanted to say "Howdy! :woot:" to a fellow Tulsan! I haven't lived there in many years, but family keeps me coming back to the town of my birth. How 'bout you, John? You born "livin' on Tulsa time" like me?

JohnJenkins likes this.
  4. JohnJenkins

JohnJenkins

Nov 4, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Hey! I moved here in 2013 for work and eventually found my wife. So far, so good here in Tulsa.

Malak the Mad likes this.
  5. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    excellent preamp.
    GLWTS

JohnJenkins likes this.
  6. JohnJenkins

JohnJenkins

Nov 4, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Thank you!

7. fruitlabor

fruitlabor Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2007
    I can’t find anything on line other than jazz basses. Do you have a link or clips

JohnJenkins likes this.
  8. JohnJenkins

JohnJenkins

Nov 4, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Classic VB 4B 4H Chrome

I personally do not have any clips, as I've never installed this preamp. You'll find a few examples of you type Audere Classic Preamp in the YouTube search bar. Thank you.

fruitlabor likes this.
  9. fruitlabor

fruitlabor Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Everything I’ve found are in jazz basses

JohnJenkins likes this.
  10. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

So glad to hear it! Has your wife properly exposed you to the barbecue-scene yet? More specifically, have you made a trek out to Pryor to get a meal from JL's Barbecue? I've lived all over the country and it is hands-down some of the best I've ever had in my life! :drool:

'Tis a shame Bell's Amusement Park doesn't exist anymore. It was never the end-all-be-all of ride parks, but it was a definitive part of Tulsa's character for decades (…up until the family that runs Big Splash Water Park conspired with some city bureaucrats to pull the rug out from under the Bell family! :spit:).

JohnJenkins likes this.
  11. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Should be this:

Classic VB 3BSW 6H Chrome

5 separate knobs and requires a 6th hole for the mid-freq switch. Best thing going...but I need a 4 knob configuration.

Sidenote: some folks pre-set their favorite mid voicing and just jam the switch within the control cavity.

Riis

JohnJenkins likes this.
  12. JohnJenkins

JohnJenkins

Nov 4, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Thank you for the info! I know some people do that with their tone pot (in an active system) as well, when they want to bypass the preamp.

Zooberwerx likes this.
  13. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Glad to be of service. I purchased and installed the active pickup only Classic from the same seller (...I think). What people may or may not realize is that the module & blend load the pickups differently...kinda hard to explain. Adds a lot of ooomph to both pickups as opposed to having them fight each other.

Best buy even if you have to outsource the install!

Riis

JohnJenkins likes this.
  14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021