1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Audere in Grendel 5

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Gintaras, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    I have heard comments that the audere is quite transparent?!? I was considering upgrading my Grendel 5. It is the model with the maple fretboard and tends to produce a zingy sound. I usually play it with the bass all the way up and very little treble. I like the sound but would like to have more leeway on the adjustments. I am not sure if I should be considering the Audere or should I be looking at new pickups?

2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    You don't have to worry about the Audere pre being to zingy because it's not and if you feel it is you can dial the treble response down closer to your licking if you want by an adjustable trim module and the Bass response is very solid and clean even all the way down to 5hz's if you want.

3. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    thanks for the response on the Audere...just the type of answers I was looking for.

I was looking at your profile and noticed 'Essence of Groove'. I went to look at the demos a really liked what I heard. they were just the right things to add a new edge to my grooves. After learning those 3, I then and went and bought the full version. Looking forward to getting it

4. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    i would get the new 5 way rotary z mode switch as an option if possible. it makes tuning the bass to a desired response, quite easy. it can be very un-zingy if you want. i love mine.

5. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    thanks for the info. I was trying to wade through the all the details on the audere web site and was particularly interested in the rotary switch.

6. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I would call Dave at AUdere, describe what you're trying to accomplish and then take his advice. I think you will find him understanding and accomodating.