1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Audere JZ 2 band?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by needmoney, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Anyone tried it? Thoughts?

2. Yeah, I love the 2-band. It's very user-friendly, and the Z-Mode switch is killer.

3. Cool man. How do you find the Bass Boost? The Frequency is like 100Hz which seems pretty high. Do you think it would go well in an Ash bodied, Maple neck/fretboard Jazz Bass with Single Coils?

I had the JZ3 3 band in my old Fender and loved it, just wondering how the JZ3 2 band compares :)

4. Interesting that you should ask - I put together a 70s style Jazz bass with All Parts materials (ash body, maple neck+fretboard), Nordstrand single coils and the 2-band. The bass boost was very tight. Not boomy in the slightest, but it could really clip an amp easily depending on amount and play style. The only downside is that my luthier (who did the wiring) messed up the installation so I'm having some issues with grounding noise and so on. I should have it back at some point in the future, but when I did have it, it was nice!

5. Oh so you had it in the 70's style Jazz? Awesome! Could it cop a Marcus style tone? Got any pics??

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I put a 2 band Audere into my Valenti 'Geddy Vee' five string J bass, it sounded great. No clips, sorry. It has the transparency of the Aguilar, only more so. It has fat bass boost available, but the control is more granular than the aguilar - when you turn the obp-1/2/3 bass knob from neutral, it very quickly jumps to a big boost.

7. Why yes it could! I do not have pictures of the bass on my computer at the moment, but I'll get my digital camera over the weekend. A really rough sound clip can be found here.

Hope that helps.

8. Awesome! Thanks!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021