1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Audere Pro JZ3 in a Fender Modern Player Jazz V??

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by pgolliher, May 26, 2016.

1. pgolliher

pgolliher

Apr 27, 2010
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Hi- I am in need of info and advice. I bought a Fender Modern Player Jazz V a while ago when they were being blown out. I am primarily a 4 string player, but in the new reggae band I am in, the low B comes in very handy.

My problem is that I don't like the tone on the MPV as much as my other basses and the Audere preamps look like a cool and easy solution.

The only pick up swap that I have done was replacing a set of P/Js and it was very straight forward.

Can anyone help explain how I could put the Audere in with the MPV pickups that are humbuckers? I don't care about coil spiting- would have them all "on" if that makes any sense.

Thanks!

2. MoeTown1986

MoeTown1986 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2010
    SoMD (Mechanicsville)
    I have an Audere Pro JZ 3 in my jazz standard. It's a really easy install and sounds great. If your pickups have a tail coming off each coil, you'd just twist the like colors together and screw them down to the preamp as the instructions show.

pgolliher likes this.
  3. pgolliher

pgolliher

Apr 27, 2010
    Santa Cruz, CA
    That would be great. Thanks!

4. MoeTown1986

MoeTown1986 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2010
    SoMD (Mechanicsville)
    You're welcome! If each coil has its own tail, you could easily drill the control plate and put coil tap switches in. I know you said you wouldn't care about it. But, nothing wrong with versatility!