1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Audio Arts Engineering Model 1200 compressor limiter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by singlemalt, Sep 15, 2008.

1. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2007
    White Salmon, WA
    Hi,

I've got one of these, its a bit on the old side but works fine. I bought it used without a manual, and I was wondering if anyone had a manual they could copy or share the highlights of. Audio Arts websight has nothing to say about the older stuff.

Anyone with one of these who has favorite settings or tips on getting the heavy punch even slap sound, please chime in.

Thanks

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I had one, and reviewed it. IMO it's better suited to a fingerstyle player than a slapper, but that doesn't mean you can't dial it to your purposes. Check the "good settings" article in the FAQ linked in my sig.

3. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2007
    White Salmon, WA
    Very cool, everything I should need to get this thing figured out.

The articles are great and the reviews helped to. The mega thread is awesome.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Did you make the PDX get together in Hood River this summer? Great time put on by Passingwind, lots of fun, I'll let you know when the next one happens.

Mark