1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Audio interface

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Ninjaaa23, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Ninjaaa23

Ninjaaa23

Aug 2, 2012
  2. I just ordered the Tascam US-600 from Amazon today for less than $140. It's a 6x4 USB2.0 interface with MIDI, RCA, and S/PDIF. The first channel can be put into a high impedence mode for plugging your instrument straight in, all four channels have mic preamps built in and can do phantom power. If you use the newest version of MacOS don't get it as the reviews say they don't have drivers yet. I'm a Windows / Linux guy so that doesn't matter to me.

I can write up a mini-review for you once I get it on Wednesday (Amazon Prime ftw)

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Look for USB 2 compliance
    Ones you can use without installing drivers
    They will work with windows, Mac, iPad IOS and whatevever is compliant

I think all those are but would need to look them up

4. Hi guys !

Didn't want to open a new post so here's my question.
    I would like to buy an interface that is great for bass, guitar and micing. It's my first one so I don't want something too expensive and sofisticated (and I prefer by far simple things). I would like to have at least 1 xlr pug and 1 instrument plug. My max cost is around 200 bucks.
    Here are the two options that I've found so far:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/akai-professional-eie-i-o-audio-midi-interface-with-usb-hub
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/line-6-pod-studio-ux2-with-pod-farm

Any reviews on these ? Which is best ?

Thank you folks :hyper:

5. bassman4jc

bassman4jc

May 12, 2009
    Sacramento ,Ca
    I bought the Tascam US-800 a little while back and am very pleased with it. I think I paid $100 or so at MF on sale.