1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Audio Kinesis TC115 Thunderchild Cab Price Drop!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by rufusbass, Jan 15, 2018.

1. looper

looper Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    MPLS
    Bicycle shops are another great source for giant cardboard. Great cab! GLWS!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  2. Amajew

Amajew Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2016
    a tip I used successfully shipping a couple Aggie 12's.

get the closest box from Home Depot that is a couple inches larger than the cab on all sides.... if one dimension goes over a bunch, no problem, use a good straight edge (like a carpenters level) to fold the box to an appropriate packing size after you cut down each corner edge to the appropriate dimension with a razor knife.

adding a good amount of bubble wrap (I literally placed the cab on the ground and rolled it as I wrapped it with the bubble wrap (I picked up 75 ft length 2 ft wide from Home Depot). Add 2 rolls of packing tape and it cost about $40 in packing materials... fill in any loose areas with cardboard but if you size the box correctly and bubble wrap 6-7 layers around the cab it should work pretty well.

getting quotes online yourself will put you in the ballpark regarding the actual cabinet weight + about 5lb... but also be careful regarding overall size as a 20" height added another $40 to the shipping quote... 19" was $40 less than 20" height. Also if you're to add insurance I found prices vary between USPS and FedEX..... UPS was much more expensive..... also if you have them package the cab they rip you off... lol....

3. rufusbass

rufusbass Skype Bass Lessons Now available.

Sep 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    To any buyers:
    If interested-Please PM me, rather than post here as this thread is getting somewhat elongated...!

4. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    This is the best deal in the whole classified section....Best cab I ever owned.... Never will I sell it..... At this price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jump on it. I have the exact model except I have the wide version....

rufusbass likes this.
  5. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    It would be mine if it wasn't for the 2,800 mile drive.
    The distance and shipping cost is why this is here.
    Apparently the guys in CA are not interested.

rufusbass likes this.
  6. roccobass

roccobass Still funkin’ in the free world. Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2014
    California
    [
    Try out back of any Guitar Center. That’s where they stack all their shipping boxes. Early afternoon before they load them into the recycling containers.

7. Vine

Vine

Oct 18, 2010
    Traverse City, MI
    PM Sent

8. Vine

Vine

Oct 18, 2010
    Traverse City, MI
    Bump

9. Vine

Vine

Oct 18, 2010
    Traverse City, MI
    Thanks for the cab! It sounds great!

rufusbass likes this.
  10. rufusbass

rufusbass Skype Bass Lessons Now available.

Sep 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    And SOLD to Vine :)

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021