Audio of different stings for my speech.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by lpbassics, Feb 18, 2004.

1. lpbassics

lpbassics Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Hey all,

I'm currently working on a seven minute informative speech.
    The topic: Bass strings.

As for information I can readily write a seven minute speech on strings, but I thought I would go a little further. My plan was to find little snips of audio to show my audience a quick sampling of how different strings sound, just a quick scale or whatnot. I've been searching the web/forums for some sound files of different people playing, but I havn't found anything useful yet.

If you know of any useful sites, it'd be much appreciated if you could direct me to them.

Then I got to thinking maybe it would be best if I could just record them myself, but seeing how I lack access to a myriad of strings it would be an impossibility. Is it feasible for any of you to record a quick diddy, perhaps trying to bring out the sound of the strings, and post/send them to me? It would just have to be a scale or a little blues progression, I can snip out the parts that I think would fit best into the speech. I'm wondering if this is possible, or if there is flat out any interest at all. I don't want to actually play a song and tell my audience that the piece is being played of flatwounds, mainly due to the fact that my audio examples should be kept short and not 'clog' up the speech.

Any :help: would be great!

2. Try though I don't think they have samples of flatwounds. Neither do I.
  3. lpbassics

lpbassics Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Thanks a bunch guys!