Audio Switcher Info

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Razor, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Razor

    Razor Guest

    Sep 22, 2002
    My appologies if this has been covered before. I did a search and couldn't really come up with much.
    I have seen lots of bassists, and g**tarists with these in their racks. The most recent was when I saw one sitting in Chris Chaney's shock rack above his Aggie amps. I checked it out and I think I got a technical reason for it's use but I am looking for maybe more of a "layman's" term and use from my friends here. What's it for and why would I need one?

    Here's pretty much the root of the one I saw in Chaney's rack.VoodooLabs Audio Switcher
  2. SoComSurfing

    SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

    Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Some of these switching systems can be used to control the channel switching on amps, and can have several effects loops, giving the user the option to route thier signal through these loops in virtually any combination they want, and have it all accessable by one floorboard controller. JT uses the Switchblade in his rack, so he may be able to offer a more detailed description of the use. I'm looking for one so that I can place my non-true-bypass pedals in seperate true-bypass loops, then have the loops activated and combined with just one simple foot controller.
    Axess-Electronics and Custom Audio Electronics are two more you might want to take a peek at. I can't remember the address of the Switchblade systems, but I know JT can provide it when he comes along.
  3. Razor

    Razor Guest

    Sep 22, 2002
    Much appreciated...thanks!