Audio Technica AT2035 Mic

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by jonlimo, Nov 2, 2015.

1. jonlimo

jonlimo

Jul 20, 2015
    Singapore
    Was thinking of getting a large diaphragm condenser mic such as the above for recording guitar and vocals. Just wanted to know if the AT2035 can do a decent job recording bass too if i recorded using it along with a separate di signal. Anyone with experience recording bass with this particular mic?

2. And I

And I

Feb 19, 2009
    Witchtown, MA
    I have an AT 2035, but I haven't used it on a bass cab or an upright. It will probably do the job just fine, but you'll most likely end up wanting to roll off all / most of the treble. It's hard to beat for $150 but it's definitely not the right choice for some vocalists (if they are strident / sibilant forget it), it's only okay on acoustic guitar, probably wouldn't make a great choice for an electric guitar amp... Save up a little bit and get a used Shure KSM 32.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022