1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Audiokenesis Thunderchild 115 composite compact for sale. near mint

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by engedi1, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engedi1

engedi1 Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2005
    Nashville
    Miserable IRS issues are forcing the sale of by far the best speaker I have ever owned. Nevertheless, my loss, your gain. I paid $1350 for this (including shipping) in August of last year. Will let it go for $900 plus $45 for shipping (estimate and maximum, will lower to actual shipping cost if less) Paypal accepted, CONUS ONLY. I will pack it in a whole ream of bubble tape and I still have the original box I received it in. However, will knock price down to $850 if you can pick up locally in Nashville and pay cash. I am so motivated to not ship it, I will even meet you a reasonable distance from Nashville (no more than 3 hour drive for me, say Louisville, or Knoxville, or Huntsville, or Memphis)

The cab is in excellent, near mint condition, with just the slightest scuffing on the rubber corners. Also, one screw has the head broken off in the port lid. I am sure it came this way from Arnopol. I have never noticed it until doing this ad. Port lid is on solid as a rock, no worries. I will included two port stoppers which is what was provided with, and is what Mike A. recommends.

This does NOT have have the rear firing tweeter, but does have the switch that lowers the high end, and "old schools" up the cab a bit.

This cab has only been used in rehearsal and low volume jazz gigs, it has never toured and never been even close to being pushed. Also, this model is discontinued until they start making the drivers again.

Weight is 33 lbs. 450 watt, 4 ohm. 1x15 with Horn and Duke's amazing crossover.

Please NO trade offers. For sale only.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. engedi1

Sep 16, 2005
    Nashville
    More pics

Attached Files:

3. engedi1

Sep 16, 2005
    Nashville
    more pics

Attached Files:

4. engedi1

Sep 16, 2005
    Nashville
    1 more pic...

Attached Files:

5. webspeare

webspeare

Nov 15, 2011
    NYC Metro area
    Hi - can you clarify: this DOES have the rear-firing tweeter, and a switch to turn it on/off? Thanks.

6. engedi1

Sep 16, 2005
    Nashville
    Sorry, typo. NO rear firing tweeter. Does have the high-cut switch, or low pass filter, or whatever it is. I never used it, or the port plugs. I prefer this cab with the pugs out, and all the highs from the amazing crossover and horn.

7. webspeare

webspeare

Nov 15, 2011
    NYC Metro area
    PM sent.

8. engedi1

Sep 16, 2005
    Nashville
    And SOLD to Ken in NYC. Heading out to UPS today. Thanks Ken!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.