1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Audiokinesis 1533 vs 1203

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by innersmile111, Apr 5, 2017.

1. innersmile111

innersmile111

Jun 9, 2014
    Greetings TB~

I was trying sift through the AK mega thread and started to melt my brain...so I figured I try out starting a new thread(my first!). I am looking to buy a AK 1203 or 1533(I don't want to go any heavier than 37lbs) and would like to here what you all would get and why. I mainly play world and R&B style and starting to learn to slap..pretty much always clean. I am looking to get a nice full rich sound that handles the low B string and can get through the mix...no muddiness. I was thinking that the 1203 could be used for most gigs, but if I needed more power I can pair it with the GK Neo112 (has anybody tried this combo?) or I can step up and get the 1533 which would cover all my loudness needs by itself but its 11lbs heavier. For those that have had experience with both: what are the main differences sonically between the 1203 and the 1533? Can they both handle the low b equally as well. which one sounds better to you? and last question, has any one a/b or had experience with the Thunderchild 12 and 15? how do these compare to the Hathors(especially with the low B string)

Thanks!

My gear:
    Bass
    G&L M2500 5 string
    G&L LB100 4 string
    Carvin LB76 6 string
    Carvin LB76 fretless 6 string

Amps:
    GK MB500
    older Carvin power amp with Sansamp RPM preamp rack

Cabinet:
    GK Neo 112