1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD AudioKinesis Birdhaus 4X8

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by emblymouse, Jan 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    Price:
    $540.00
    And now for something completely different...

IMG_2497.JPG

Saetia and monsterthompson like this.
  2. geowis

geowis Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Hopewell, NJ
    Is the cat waiting for the birds to come out of the haus? Couldn't help myself, sorry.

3. emblymouse

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    This is an AudioKinesis Birdhaus 4X8 4 ohm cab/array. It's 37lbs, 12"X18"X22". I bought this prototype from Duke, he gave me a stupendous deal so I am extending the stupendicity to y'all. It is beautifully made, check the recessing of the grill and for the handle. I received it in like new condition and that hasn't changed much.
    Here's the details from Duke:

"The woofers are the 16-ohm version of the Faital 8PR200, four of them in parallel for a 4-ohm load. The woofers are rated at 200 watts each, and they have sufficient excursion to make use of that much power without farting out, so it can take a lot of power for a little cab. The weird driver configuration is for the sake of getting fairly consistent tonal balance over a wide area. I've had people tell me that that configuration works well for improv jazz, which makes sense, because the musicians need to be able to tell what each other is doing. (I'm not a musician so I rely a lot on what musicians tell me.)"

This will go for $540 plus actual shipping.

Attached Files:

4. emblymouse

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    She isn't the brightest of kitties.

5. honeyiscool

honeyiscool

Jan 28, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Cat included?

6. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    That's bad@ss.

steelbed45 likes this.
  7. jondiener

jondiener In the corner, staring at phone during break. Gold Supporting Member

@emblymouse

If you had to describe the sound and volume of this cab, how does it rate compared to, say, most 2x10s, or high-end 1x12?

This looks like a very interesting configuration/size/weight/formfactor for what I am looking for.

8. emblymouse

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    No tweeter here, so no surprise, you'll get no sizzle. Tight low mid punch that stays tight. It's rated at 800W and I use an 800W head and no flab with the cab on a loud gig. There's more cone surface area than a 2-15" so air is moving for sure, it's just not flapping your pants:). Louder and lower than any 1-12" I've used, comparable to a good 2-10" as far as what size gig it will cover.

jondiener likes this.
  9. mam1862

mam1862 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Northfield, Ohio
    Pm sent

10. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Incredible. Looks like a perfect gigging/city cab.

11. emblymouse

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    Sold! Thank you!

Saetia likes this.