1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD AudioKinesis TC212 Thunderchild 212

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bassbooty, May 11, 2017.

1. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Price:
    Here is the latest version (v.2) of the AudioKinesis Thunderchild 212. This cab is compact and lightweight with perhaps the ultimate tall and narrow form factor and only weighs 47 pounds! (see Specs below). Thunderchild cabs are known to provide an accurate, even, balanced, clear and consistent tone. You will really hear the character of your amp and your instruments with this cab! I purchased the cab from another TB'er (original owner) a few weeks ago. I will probably regret this, but I really need to recoup some money for a bass I just bought. Asking $799 $750 plus actual shipping charge to your ZIP Code via PayPal. Price reduced! Now $799 INCLUDING SHIPPING to the lower 48 states! The cabinet will ship in the original box and packing materials. To keep this thread clean, please start a conversation with me (PM) regarding any questions you may have.

Here are the Specs from the AudioKinesis website:

Thunderchild 212v2: impedance 4 ohms; dimensions 34.5" tall x 14.5" wide x 14.5" deep; weight 47 pounds; sensitivity 97 dB; handles 900 watts RMS; -1 dB at 62 Hz with normal tuning; pluggable ports give two ported and one sealed option; top end switchable between 3.5 kHz and 18 kHz (-3 dB points). Another switch toggles between smooth mids and a bit of grind in the mids. Woofers are stock Kappalite 3012LF.

Thunderchild 212

Please take a look at the detailed pictures of all 6 sides of the cabinet. As you can see in the photos, the cabinet is in great condition! Since receiving it, I have only used the cab at home and for one rehearsal so it's in the same condition as when I received it. One cosmetic thing to note is that according to the original owner, the cabinet was received from AudioKinesis with an inconsistency in the wood on the left side near the bottom (see pics 7 & 8 below). It does have the same Duratex finish over the inconsistency as the rest of the cab and you can really only notice it if you get up close and look for it. Other than this very minor cosmetic issue, the cab looks and sounds fantastic! Thanks for looking!

IMG_0111.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  2. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    Absolutely amazing cab being sold by one of the best guys around. Somebody need to grab this before I do something stupid.

Khronic and bassbooty like this.
  3. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Tell me about it.

bassbooty likes this.
  4. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    This is a smokingly killer cab like no other! You'll never hear your bass and amp sound like it will with this cab playing through any other cab! Duke's cabs definitely sound like no other and his customer service is absolutely stellar!

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    Khronic likes this.
  5. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    On Hold Pending Payment

6. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    ...and SOLD!