Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Audiologic MT-66

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by waxcomb, Aug 11, 2003.

1. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    Has anyone used the Audiologic MT-66 compressor on bass? I've found one for $40. Should I hold out for an ART levelar? Thanks for the advice.

2. dpaton

dpaton

Jan 21, 2002
    Schaumburg, IL
    The MT66 is plenty good, but in the studio I've always loved the Symetrix 501 more. It's a matter of personal preference. Try one out and see if you like the sounds it makes.

-dave

3. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    Thanks, all I could find online were sites in other languages. No rewiews or anything helpful. Do you think this would work in a bass rig or just the studio? I've got a space in my Super Redhead and am thinking of either a compressor or my wireless and a BBE 262 maximizer.

4. dpaton

dpaton

Jan 21, 2002
    Schaumburg, IL
    I use my 501s in the studio, mainly for bass, kick, and occasionally rhythm guitar. My 'bass rig' is really just a 12" combo, since I don't gig. I think you'll find that any comp can be used just fine in a rig provided your gear has the proper kinds of connections, ie: dont' expect a line level comp like the MT66 or 501 to work with a guitar level signal. Beyond that, I've seen everything from $50 DOD comps to $3k Focusrite and DBX comps in people's rigs. It's a matter of taste.

-dave