Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Audiophile 2496 problems!!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Johnalex, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Ok I have installed it properly and the computer recognizes it. In the Maudio AUdiophile control panal it is showing audio in the H/W IN 1/2. And I am getting readings in the MAster Voume as well....but I don't hear anything. When I run my reording software (N-track and Audacity) I don't get any sound readings. I don't have any monitors yet, so where do I plug my headphones into..the motherbooards sound jack...??? they won't fit into the line out jacks, is a heaphone amp neaded?

Thanks...hopefully I can get back on track since my SB Audigy EX blunder (NEVER BUY A SB).

2. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Hmm..wonder what happened with that Audigy? I am using one for almost a year with no problems (mostly with SONAR).

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    First set the mixer patchbay to "Monitor Mixer" so you get to hear all signals. All channels are muted by default, make sure you unmute them and pull the sliders up.

Also, make sure that the level sliders of the Windows Volume Controls are up. It sometimes happens that the Wave slider is down, so that you don't hear a thing even when the M-Audio mixer is set accordingly.

The Audiophile only has analog and digital line-outs, you need to feed them into an amp and speakers or active monitors to hear something. Don't plug headphones into the Audiophile.

4. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    so for now is there anyway for me to hear the sound? I am in a dorm room so I think I might need headphones for right now...so should I get a headphone amp??? thanks...ohh yeah, the SB would not work with my XP, I tried everything I could possibly do. And the Creative support blew.. I paid $200 for what I could get better for $140.

5. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    I ran my SB on two different XP Pro (home-assembled) machines - just popped in the CD and everything was (and still is) working. Maybe something is wrong with your PC, and not with SB?

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Hey man, just plug it into your ghetto booster or mini-stereo or whatever you have in your dorm to play music over (hopefully it has a line in) - and you're set.