Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Audiophile 2496 questions

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Somebassguy, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Somebassguy

Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    Well my soundcard arrived today and i'm already having problems sorta with it.

1: Where do I hook my speakers up to? LOL. Only inputs seem to be RCA and my speaker doesn't fit into any of them.

2: Also it doesn't have a cable to my cd-rom. How do i use my cd-rom with this card if it doesn't connect to it?

Sorry if these questions sound silly but this all new to me. Any feedback much appreciated :confused:

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    1. You have to connect the 2496's line outs with the line in of your stereo (so it's RCAs naturally). It has no internal amp hence no speaker outs.

2. With today's cdrom drives with digital audio extraction you don't need to connect the drive with the soundcard.

3. Somebassguy

Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    Hmm could you explain this a bit further. I am using Sound Force multimedia computer speakers. Do I need a pre-amp for my speakers to work. Or can I buy a rca adapter for my present speakers?

4. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    So I guess you have "active" speakers with a built-in amplifier?

Then you only need an adaptor. RCA-to-phone or whatever.

5. Somebassguy

Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    Well that seemed to do the trick :)

Only problem left is that only have 2 of my speakers are working, the left speaker and the whoofer. The right speaker has no sound whatsoever now. I checked all the connections and they are intact. I got an rca adapter from radio shack but it's not colored red and white. Think that may be the culprit ? ?

BTW... so far I'm loving the sound, best sound card I've heard :D

6. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  7. Somebassguy

Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    Yeah, I think i'm just gonna have to hook this unit up to my stereo, and just get it right :)

Also one more thing. When i try to play BIAB it freezes up on me. Tells me I only have one midi input or something like that. No matter how i set the midi it just locks up as soon as a click on the ok button. Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind the freeze up is fixed :) Thanks again for all your help JMX ;)