Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Audiophile HD 410 specs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RevGroove, Jun 25, 2003.

1. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Does anyone know whether this cabinet is rated at 4 ohms or 8 ohms...I know it handles 700Wwant to use this with a WM4004 head, rated 260W at 8ohms...which would be seriously underpowering it, so I would really like to hear that this is a 4 ohm resistance so I can push 400W into it.

Comments welcome, thanks!

:bassist:

2. Tightanic

Tightanic Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    I am sorry, it's an 8 ohms cab!

Johannes

3. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Just found that out, so I guess I may try an SWR Triad...thanks for the reply!

4. Tightanic

Tightanic Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    Anyway, I would go ahead and try the combination of the Ernie Ball cab with you head. I recently played a Hartke 350 watts head through a Hartke 4x10 TP cab (8 ohms). It was plenty loud! Actually, those 50 percent more power wouldn't change much about your volume, just a little more headroom.

Johannes

5. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    I was advised that 260W would be seriously underpowering the cab, so I think I'll pass for now. I've heard good things about the Triad, so I want to try that out and see how it goes. If I don't like that, a big maybe on 2x12s. We'll see....thanks!