1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Audiophiles cannot tell the difference between high end cables and coathangers.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Yo Mark.. that term you just used: "double-blind testing" .. I hear it used on "Mythbusters", have seen/read it in several books, of course seen it more than once on TalkBass .. please.. what exactly does 'double-blind' testing entail? I promise, I'll never ask about it again :smug:

2. Dictionary: double blind n.

A testing procedure, designed to eliminate biased results, in which the identity of those receiving a test treatment is concealed from both administrators and subjects until after the study is completed.

3. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    Audiophiles can not allow double-blind testing because it would destroy their entire industry. "Pay no attention to that naked emperor behind the curtain! All hail the powerful Ohm!" :spit:

90% of what they fuss about is provably inaudible to the human ear.

:rollno:

Right now I'm wrapping all my wire coat hangers in electric tape so the shielding will help protect the clarity of my clay dots.

After that I'm going to foil shield my head from the aliens and major league baseball.

baseball.

4. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    So what we have Tbers here who still argue the point that they can hear a diffrence in a instrument cable from their amp to their bass. Some say a certain cable will even improve performance :rolleyes: