Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Audioslave

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ineedanewbass, Dec 26, 2002.

1. He everyone. I got the Audioslave album for x-mas, so i decided id discuss my views. Personally, I loved RATM ad Soundgarden, so i figued id love this. But truth be told, I heard alot of hyp for thi album, and its wel..........mediocore. Its decent as a whole, just some times, they just dont sound like they fit toghther. The bass playing is great on the record though, anyone know what Tim C. uses? Anyone elses thoughts?

2. Some useful advice bro

When you have questions about bands or artists, you post in the forum entitled recordings or miscellaneous. When you have questions or comments about strings, go to the string forum, same with basses and amps, etc. etc.

The moderators get mad when you post an unrelated question to a particular forum, so try and be concious of that.

Don't sweat it though, I know you're new here and I made the exact same mistake when I first came here. Peace.

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    yup, lets spin the wheel of forums...

click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click

click

click

RECORDINGS it is! thanks for playing!

4. tim c. uses a fender j bass/basses. he's good. i really dig his style, and he works SO well with that drummer.
    haven't heard any audioslave other than cochise though.

5. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    I like the album a lot. There are a couple filleresque songs but the other songs are more than good enough to make up for it, IMO.

In the "Cochise" video Tim C plays a 4-string Jazz bass which I assume is strung B-E-A-D.

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  7. i heard cochise and am very disappointed. it just sounds like warmed over cock-rock to me.

8. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    I wasn't big on that song either, I bought the album after hearing the second single, "Show me how to live."