Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AUDIOSLAVE'S 2nd album slated for May

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by glnflwrs, Mar 13, 2005.

1. glnflwrs

glnflwrs

Jan 25, 2005
    Hesperia, CA
    The much awaited second from AUDIOSLAVE has been scheduled for a May, 2005 release says Sony Music.

:hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    sweet.

recordings...

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Awesome, I can't wait!!!!

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Heard the new single Stay. Its alright.

5. i wish it was heavier but oh well!
    i wasn't amazed by their new song on their website...reminded me of U2 a little...i really hope that they go the cochise/gasoline/shadows of the sun route rather than the like a stone/i am the highway route!

6. ha, just in time for my bday!! :D

7. glnflwrs

glnflwrs

Jan 25, 2005
    Hesperia, CA
    On Sony's web site Cornell was quoted as saying this album would be "more rocking" than the first.

I have to agree with you Superbassman, Cochise, Gasoline, Set It Off, Shadows of the Sun, that is rockin'.

8. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
  9. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Whoever said it sounds like U2, I agree. I think I liked cornell's voice in this single more than anything else he's done with audioslave.

10. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
  11. glnflwrs

glnflwrs

Jan 25, 2005
    Hesperia, CA
    I hope this song, 'Be Yourself', is not an indication of what the rest of the album sounds like. It's "OK", I guess, but I likes my tunes a bit more, uhhmm, LOUD AND RAUCOUS.

Excuse me for that, I tend to get carried away with HARD ROCK MUSIC.

:hyper: :D :p :bassist: :)

12. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Kinda reminds me of something that might have been on the Red Hot Chili's "By the Way" album. It amazes me that a band that was born from Rage could evolve or devolve (depends on your perspective) into this kind of sound. I too wish they'd go in a more "Cochise" type of direction. :meh:

13. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    The batman soundtrack rumour had been denied by the band, sorry for this information.

14. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

It will be cool to here what they do next. I really like that single " Like a Stone". :bassist:

15. And they just renamed it "Be yourself". What an uninspired song that was.

Ron

16. glnflwrs

glnflwrs

Jan 25, 2005
    Hesperia, CA
    I'm thinkin' that the idea to pre-release this song was an A/R decision, not the band's and it was chosen because it isn't really raucous. Kinda tryin' to "appeal to all".

Putueuwy!!!

"I hope it's better 'n that, I hope it's better 'n that, I hope I hope ..."

17. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I think the debut album from Audioslave is one of the best albums I have ever heard...not one single song I don't like on that album.

Listening to this new tune....I don't dig it is my initial thought. I agree it's very U2'ish and although I think U2 is a great band....this sound is not what I'd expect or like from Audioslave....I expected different. This is very "top 40" and watered down/commercial sounding to me.

Where's the heaviness???? :meh:

Just my .02

18. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    last night, the band beguns a pre tour, they played 5 new songs :hyper: and...

Covers of soundgarden and RATM!!!! :bassist:

19. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

As much as I like Audioslave I am pissed off at them because Chris should be with Soundgarden (where he belongs) and RATM should be touring so I can see them. Bitches never think of the fans. :bawl:

20. No, they just think about their music. I am a huge RAGE fan and I knew that Rage was at the end of it's life. It was hard for the band to grow, they only had one gear. With Chris in the band they have more gears to go through. I think it would be more interesting to be in Audioslave than rage.

I heard that song "be yourself is all you can do" I liked the song but didn't like the lyrics. The lyrics read like a barney song.

On a side note: if you like rage you need to buy the DVD of them playing live in California.