Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Audition last night

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    My first in a few months. Good sounding, friendly bunch. Hot female vocalist. Got very positive responses, practically asked me to join. Then they went in the house, had a conference, and the guitarist came out and told me that he would email me Sunday night and let me know. He said thay had two other bass players to audition.

Not sure what to think. :confused: :meh:

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Most likely it was just what they said, they have already scheduled two more auditions and don't want to commit until they have honoured those dates. Let's hope they don't like those guys as much. :)

Good luck!

3. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Didn't get the call. They re-ran the same ad today as the one I answered originally. :mad: :confused: I just don't understand.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Don't sweat it. Here's an example. We just auditioned three guys for lead guitar. The first said he's really a rock player (we're a country band). He's not it. The next two played equally well, and we would've hired either one. However, one just came out of a country band that plays about half our repertoire. Decision made. I told the other guys exactly what the deal was and they were fine.

5. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks. it just busts me up that the original ad read "age 21-45". The new ad reads "21-39". I just got an email from the guitarist saying theat the female singer wants someone "closer to her own age" :eek:

6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Sounds like you're better off without that one anyway. I refuse to be made feel like I am "working" for someone else in a band. Especially a woman who wants someone to serve their image.

That is unless, you are in fact working for them, and they cut you your weekly paycheck.