Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

audition pieces

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by toman, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Hey guys, I'm wondering what are some pieces that are good for auditions, and maybe haven't been played to death. I'm probably going to be doing an audition or two in the near future for a semi-pro type orchestra gig, and I need something to play. I know the eccles as well as a few others, but I get the impression that it's not really a great audition piece. I'm working on both the Dragonetti and the Kousevitski right now just because, but it seems like everybody plays these two and I'd like to play something a little less common. any ideas?

2. malicechild

malicechild

Aug 20, 2003
    annadale VA
    some ideas i have heard are good aresome of:
    -Dvorak cello concerto in Bm
    -Paganinis stuff
    -Greig concerto

and if you think youre wasting thier time just
    play the "elephant" by saint-saens and run like hell before they can say something. Not that i'm saying its a bad or stupid song it's just not terribly impresive and most bassists find it stereotyping of thier sounds

3. Oh good lord, not the elephant thing. lol... Thanks for the other suggestions though, I'll definately check those out. :D