Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Auditioned 2 Bongos

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xring, Jul 16, 2005.

1. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    I finally A-B'd 2 five string Bongos. The HBHB and HBSC. It seems most prefer the HBHB, but after 5 minutes, I am seriously considering going into hock on the HBSC. To my ears it had a smooth yet aggressive sound (if that makes sense) that had more personality. The tonal options are staggering.
    Let me ask... this GC has both marked at 950 and they swear it is dead cost for them. They even offered for me to view their cost on the computer. So the best OTD price is 1016 - no case included. Pretty good? I may bite due to the 90 same as cash which gives me time to move some items.
    Thanks, Randy

2. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    seems to me after a bit of research that cost is the "cost" to the salesman, not what the gc corp. paid for it. this "cost" limits what the salesman can do as a bottom line, and locks in a specific profit margin for gc.
    just another reason gc sucks. luckily, i have a few old-school independent music stores in the area that can always do better.
    anyway, it's really not a bad price as far as the on-the-shelf prices i've seen.
    d